My SD1

Got my SD1 back from the bodyshop yesterday. Those of you with long memories may remember it had new nearside wings front and rear and a sill fitted. Or rather, that's the parts I supplied for fitting, but the the 'character' who'd quoted for and done this work decided to cut repair panels from them instead. Which clearly showed - and with dangerous welding.

The new place sorted all this - but I had to buy another new front wing. The other repairs were properly welded and fettled to be invisible. Other job was getting a replacement front door - fitted ages ago - to line up properly. This had defeated me as it appeared to be twisted.

They've resprayed all the nearside - including removing the doors to do the frames properly. And compounded all the other paint - so it now looks a million dollars. And all on budget too.

Quite restored my belief that there are still some around who take a pride in their workmanship. Just getting very difficult to find.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That is good news. I do remember the tale of woe you started from. And now you know where to go if you ever need anything like it done again.

When I bent my PI, I used a local father and son business to do the repairs. It wasn't quick, and it wasn't cheap, but the car came back looking like new. It also came with a CD of photos of all the stages of the work, so I could see exactly what they did. That was a nice touch.

Jim

Reply to
Indy Jess John

That is good news. I do remember the tale of woe you started from. And now you know where to go if you ever need anything like it done again.

When I bent my PI, I used a local father and son business to do the repairs. It wasn't quick, and it wasn't cheap, but the car came back looking like new. It also came with a CD of photos of all the stages of the work, so I could see exactly what they did. That was a nice touch.

Jim

Very good news indeed. Can be a bit of a hard road in terms of time and wallet, but it's all worth it when it comes together and you are happy with the result.

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Mackenzie