Mystery controls & switches in a XJ6

I recently acquired a 1984 Jaguar XJ6 4.2 Sovereign: Only probably a mystery to me, but please can anyone tell me:

a) what the switch in the middle of the four electric window switches on the sloped panel after of the gear selector is for?

b) the slide below the radio unit that's something to do with hot/cold air - what's that for?

c) on the trip computer - the fuel function (far left button) - is that the amount of fuel used in litres since resetting the computer?

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan

------------------------

1967 Daimler 2½ Litre V8 Saloon 1983 Ford Capri 2.0S 1984 Jaguar XJ6 4.2 Sovereign
Reply to
Jonathan Halsall

In news:d0g8co$qvg$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk, Jonathan Halsall decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

switches off the rear window switches.

IIRC it's the heat from the middle vent, or cold for that matter.

Probably in gallons. My old XJ-S V12 had one, but I was too scared to look.

Reply to
Pete M

The obvious answer is that it stops the rear seat window switches from operating. AFAIK all cars with rear electric windows have a similar switch so you can stop kids playing with the windows. Dunno about your other queries. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Lol! Thanks for the answers guys.

Jonathan