Nine year old Mini.

I have been left by a 91 year old relative who passed away three weeks ago a "N" reg , Mini Mayfair 1275 car that has done a GENUINE 5,456 miles in the nine years since he bought it. It honestly looks about 18 months old, MOT and is the one with the "Wallnut" dash. This is totally true mileage.

Does anyone want to swap it for a GOOD Morris Minor. WHY.

Kitty.

snipped-for-privacy@mail.com

Reply to
Kitty

How many 'genuine' miles had it done in the 20 years or so before he bought it?

Simon H

Reply to
Simon H

I'd guess not very many...

Reply to
Stuffed

thats '95 'N'.....

Reply to
chris

He actually bought it new and has all the MOTs etc to proove the milage.

Kitty

Reply to
Kitty

As for value... In 1998 I saw a 1986 Mini City with 3,500 miles sell for £800. In 2002, another 1987 Mini City with 9,500 miles sold for £1,100. Both cars in had one-owner and where in 'showroom' condition...

My 1994 Mini Tahiti (L-reg) was bought earlier in the year for £1,100. That was a perfect one-owner car with 56k on the clock.

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini Deluxe 1964 Austin Mini Super Deluxe
(cars and email on website)
Reply to
Howard Rose

It's worth what someone is prepared to pay for it. Ebay would be a good marketplace for it; cars often fetch more than they are worth on there now. I'm in the middle of a ful photo restoration on an '85 Mayfair with

33k, for which I will be seeking that sort of money.
Reply to
Chris Bolus

You should come and see MiniMan here in Solihull. He has cars like that with sticker prices of £3995 upwards. And he sells them.

A fool and his money...

Reply to
DocDelete