Number plate

I've been looking for a number plate on various sites (NewReg etc) in the format (number & letters) LLL NL. It seems from my searches that it has never been issued.

Would it be possible for me to obtain this plate and if so, how?

Any advice appreciated

Reply to
Nel

How do you mean exactly, ABC 1A or DEF 2B?

Its not clear what number plate you want, but there has been many plates issued with 3 letters, one number and 1 letter (LLL NL)

Jono

Reply to
Jono Barspeed

The message from "Nel" contains these words:

If it has never been issued DVLA will confirm that.

They may even be prepared to sell it to you for a fee but much more likely they will tell you that under their rules (unless they have changed them in the last few years) they cannot sell it to you now but it might later become available at one of their periodic auctions. Some years years ago I enquired after an unissued C plate and was told no chance but a few years later I was informed that they were having an auction of low cost plates (with a reserve I think of £250) and did I want to bid. Reading between the lines suggested they did not really expect more than one bid for any of the obscure plates they were selling at the time. Curiously the same plate without the date letter (also unissued) which I also enquired about has AFAIK never been released which I suppose is a good thing as I would not have been able to afford it.

Reply to
Roger

Aren't they not the same format? But basically it is 3 letters, gap 1 number and 1 letter.

Being super-cynical (probably over-cynical!) I didn't want to display the actual reg in case some unscrupulous **** came back with "I can get you that reg for £££", while creaming off a sizable cut for doing nothing more than what I could have done!!

Reply to
Nel