On Topic. Ford Granada Mk 2 Minster

For sale my beloved car. Ebay item number 170168224353. Please let it go to a good home.

Reply to
georgina Smith

Accompanied by the sound of a chisel on slate georgina Smith, managed to produce the following words of wisdom

Hmm, I like Mk2 Granadas, however.

It's a 2.8 carb, so that's not good. It's got Mk3 Granada Scorpio wheels on, that's not good It's not full spec It's not got leather No tax or MOT The gearbox / TC is shagged.

You'll get £80 a ton scrap for it, so that's about £120.

Reply to
Pete M

Thanks for your words of wisdom pete.

Easier to fix than the injected version.

Original wheels and trims provided.

So what? It's in original condition. Also there were many variants and options. Some did not have the interior glass. Some had wind up windows. Some had no radio in the front and one in the back.

No but classy blue velour.

Correct. Ever heard of a project?

Comes with a replacement engine and box.

Nonsense. Have been offered £250 just for the shell from a racer. Spare engine and box sells at anything from about £100.

Lets have a look at your cars then...

Great if you like fixing cars and destroying the planet.

Very cool I admit, but next time pay a bit extra for the Cossie.

And you reckon my car's crap??? How safe is your petrol powered heater?

Reply to
georgina Smith

Good response!

I used to own a MkII Granada (2.3) and in fairness they are OK, though if I drove it hard on a slippery road I spent a fair amount of effort trying to keep the front wheels ahead of the back wheels. Comfortable for long journeys though. But I am lazy - I don't want a project.

Have you popped over to uk.rec.cars.classic? You might find takers over there (but throw your hat in first - they can be a bit hard on people who just turn up to sell something!)

Jim

Reply to
Jim Warren

DOH! This is uk.rec.cars.classic.

Anyone got a spare brain? Mine has gone walkabout.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Warren

'kinell...

I'd not recognised "805" as a tatra /car/ type, and a quick giggle turned up what it actually was. Coo. Impressive. No, more than impressive.

That's one serious bit of kit.

I've always been more than tempted by the Tatra cars, meself, but sanity probably precludes using one as a daily driver/only car..

Reply to
Andrew Robert Breen