Original list price for a Triumph GT6

I am getting my 1973 Triumph GT6 restored at the moment and when that is done I will be registering it in Ireland. To do this I need to know the original sale price to pay the vehicle registration tax on this. How would I find out what the original list price is for this vehicle?

Thanks in advance, Duncan Jones Merrion Computing Ltd

Reply to
Merrion

The TSSC club historian should be able to tell you, assuming you are a member.

Reply to
Jerry.

Merrion ( snipped-for-privacy@bigfoot.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

According to Motor, Sept 15 1973, a new GT6 was £1452.

There's three used ones in the classifieds -

1971, immaculate, rust-proofed, 21k miles, £1050 1971, white, one owner, £975 1971, saffron, one owner, 19,000 miles, £995

But they're nowhere near as tempting as the '62 Alvis TD21 DHC, excellent order, recent engine rebuild for £600 or the '66 DB6 two owners, excellent condition for the same £1450 you would have paid for that new GT6... Or there's a choice of E-types...

Strangely, nobody seems to know anything about any of them on the published phone numbers. Pity.

Reply to
Adrian