Pacific DVD 1002 MK2 Problems

Got a Pacific DVD player from Asda last week. It played a couple of DVDs OK, but not another I bought. So I took it back as all my dvds play OK on the PC, all are R2 originals. Now I'm getting a bit frustrated as I'm now on the 3rd player in a week and it's really picky about what it plays.

SHould I just get it refunded - and if yes, what shall I buy? Or should I risk yet another.?

thanks mike

Reply to
Mike P

Please excuse my stupidity. I'll try posting to the right group in future.

Mike

Reply to
Mike P

It happens...

To try to help, you have purchased a bottom of the range DVD player from a supermarket. Please take it back for a refund and buy something from a reputable manufacturer, from somewhere that can give you pre-sales advice. That should solve the problem.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

I did. It didn't. They are baffled, and the folks on uk.media.dvd appear baffled. Basically now we've had 4 dvd players 2 bottom end Pacifics, a mid-range and a Sanyo. They all do the same thing. It must be our telly! Strange thing is, it plays a couple of DVDs I've had for ages OK, and a couple of brand new ones. Others it just flickers.. weird, but anyway, thanks for the help and I'll try to post in the right group next time. FWIW I already have a pioneer DVD player I bought a year or so ago. It works fine. This one is just supposed to be a cheapy one ... long story, divorce etc...

Krs Mike

Reply to
Mike P

Perhaps you've filled it with diesel by mistake.

Reply to
DougP

Nope, but after years of driving petrol cars I found myself stood next to my newly acquired TD Xantia yesterday, with green nozzle inserted just about to pull the trigger. Good job my brother noticed!

Mike

Reply to
Mike P

Sell it and buy a classic car, then your next posting may be relevant to the group

Reply to
Peter Chadbund

I was always of the (arrogant and overblown) opinion that you would need to be seriously stupid to do such a thing. Until I put £10 of "super diesel" in my SS1 instead of "super unleaded". In mitigation, the confusion came from "super" or whatever BP call it. :-)

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

I think that BP have done a U-turn and are refunding the draining costs of people who got caught out by the fact that both had a blue nozzle. Might be worth a google.

Reply to
TTT

It may be a cheapo DVD player but generally they're pretty good - my kids have one each. Have you tried the de-regionalise hack? With remote, open tray, press 1, 3, 6, 9, 0, close tray.

Reply to
Chris Bolus