PCD for Triumph Hubs?

I have a set of 15" Wire wheels with splined hubs that definitely fit on the Herald "range" of vehicles.

Does anyone know if they will fit on any of the TR "range" (pre 7!), or will it be a case of new splines?

Reply to
Dubzi

In message , Dubzi writes

I can't think of any of the Herald/Spitfire/Vitesse etc range that would take 15" wheels. All of that range had 13" as standard.

The PCD is a small 3.75" 4-stud.

Are you sure the wires and adapters aren't for the TR range? (I believe these were 4.5" PCD).

Reply to
Chris Morriss

Chris Morriss wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@oroboros.demon.co.uk:

They were for a Herald based kit car so they fitted as there were no wheelarches as such.

The splined adapters fit on Herald hubs, I've put them on. Looks like it's a case of mix & match! They probably are wires designed for the TR with Herald adapters. I was hoping to sell them, but looks like selling them together will be of little use to anybody.

Reply to
Dubzi

Sounds like a set of aftermarket hubs rather than Triumph originals. The small splines on Spitfire hubs are a weakness, so aftermarket sets to accept MG wheels are quite common. Your best bet is probably to sell hubs and wheels seperately. Ironically, it's a set I could be interested in at another time, for a project which is in early the planning stages, no budget available at the moment though, Cheers, Bill.

Bill Davies