Polish for Classics

Show me a picture with the bouncing off the bonnet towards the camera...

Reply to
Doki

There is a quick way. It's called a buffer. You're still stuffed if the imperfections are deep though. There are a hell of a lot of glazes and similar products available which fill imperfections for a short time, which I expect are used heavily on show cars and cars photographed for magazines, adverts and so on.

Reply to
Doki

That isn't always quick either, and if you do attempt doing it quickly you risk needing a re-spray when you burn through!...

Reply to
:Jerry:

Do you always act like a tit?

Reply to
SuperMatey

Wonder where Speed 'n' Ease fits that equation? ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Some will have got the joke...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I did. Subtle and understated. Just my sort of humour.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Warren

The message from "Dave Plowman (News)" contains these words:

Only if they also read uk.d-i-y. :-)

Reply to
Roger

Dunno why everyone started picking on my posts. ;-)

Reply to
Richard Polhill

My car has an original dark blue/green lacquered metallic finish. The previous owner had left it untouched in their driveway for about 6-7 years. When I got it I didn't even realise it was blue/green, it just looked a dull blue. The previous owner tried to clean it (looked like with a dry sponge on dust!) and put in a lot of swirl marks (ouch!).

I used SafeCut (hard work) and then Autoglym Super Resin (red label) (really easy). The original owner couldn't believe it and everyone comments how great it looks now.

I've never actually bought any polish (I borrowed the safe cut and someone gave me an autoglym gift pack), so I can't compare with much, but I am very happy with the autoglym, it gets rid of the swirl marks and I only need to reapply about every 4+ months (it is garaged though). In other words I am happy with Autoglym and I've never felt the need to look for something else.

I can recommend their shampoo too - great for taking off bird sh*t and makes the water bead on the windows.

Zimmy

How well do the wiper blades work in a down-pour though?...

Reply to
:Jerry:

Fine, actually. I probably comes off in a couple of wipes anyway. I learnt a while ago that its more important to clean the wiper blades every time you wash the car (preferably with glass cleaner).

Zimmy

"Doki" realised it was Sun, 5 Aug 2007 22:22:07 +0100 and decided it was time to write:

Satisfied?

Reply to
Yippee

Yippee realised it was Mon, 06 Aug 2007

19:08:34 +0200 and decided it was time to write:

Or this one, maybe?

That's not my house you see reflected in the paint, BTW. It's my parent's.

Reply to
Yippee

Joke? Hardly classic Bernard Manning was it?

Reply to
SuperMatey

Jokes are only funny if you 'get it'. Which you plainly haven't.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Reply to
SYLVIA WALKER

Nice. My Dad uses it on his TR3A too. Does anybody know the difference between 'Ultra deep shine' and 'Super Resin' ?

Zimmy

I think that says far more about you than it does the benefits of "MER", no doubt you also have those 'snake oil' pellets in your cars petrol tank too... :~((

Reply to
:Jerry:

no doubt you also have those 'snake oil' pellets in your cars

Oh, no, please don't start this one running again...!

Geoff MacK

Reply to
Geoff Mackenzie