Q cars

HTH...

SteveL

Reply to
pakeha

"Chris Bolus" wrote

You absolutely have to do this.

I have a love-hate relationship with Scimitars. I reckon a GTE with a jazzed-up Stag engine -- you can get about 170bhp without much trouble - would be fun. I mean Stag engines needn't overheat, and if the Ford V6 fitted a Stag engine bay and weight paramters, the reverse must also be true.

Reply to
John Redman

In news: snipped-for-privacy@brightview.com, Mark W decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Nope, he still had the aircon and everything on the 760.

Aw65s are bloody awful things. IIRC, this 760 used a Jag XJ40 auto box.

240 axles are well upto the job. Very popular with drag racers.

This 760 was a late one with the IRS. So it actually handled.

Reply to
Pete M

Aren't they alloy? I've always fantasised about the idea of a 4.5 Litre Daimler V8 transplanted into the 2½ Litre Saloon. Apparently it was originally on the cards at Jaguar but then they realised it would overshadow the 3.8 Mk2 in terms of performance. Maybe one day...

Reply to
Jonathan Halsall

Two from long ago (not mine unfortunately):

Mini with 2 litre Fiat twin cam driving the rear wheels.

Fiat 500 with BMW 750(?) motorcycle engine - looked completely standard.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Reminds me of a Clubby I saw on the net one day with a Vauxhall lump in the front. Seems Calibra engines into Minis are becoming fairly common now. But while trying to find it again I came across this:

- 2.7 V6 Honda shoehorned into the front of aregular Mini!

Reply to
Chris Bolus

Not being very original in this, because it has been done, but Skoda Estelle, 105S (most basic model) No chrome, one door mirror, steel wheels, no vinyl roof. Engine, brakes, transmission Skoda 130LR Group B spec (was built using parts sourced from the small Czech workshops who used to be part of Skodamotorsport pre-VAG and got pensioned off when it all went in house). Running about 130BHP in a car originally designed to have 45BHP, but with the rear discs of the rally car instead of drums, and the Rapid

136 4 pots upfront, instead of 105/120 2 pots, wasn't lowered as rally cars generally aren't, but had slightly wider, lower profile tyres. Spooked a lot of cars.

Skoda Rapid 136 (already fitted with 4 pots from the factory and the better 5 speed box) Ford 2.8 V6 on big carbs. Ended up blwing the head gasket after the cooling system couldn't cope with front rad, rear engine, even after beefing up the cooling with extra expansion tanks and a high volume water pump.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Green reliant kitten, and a very cool but un Q minor perchance

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Sleeker GT Phwoar ( snipped-for-privacy@bouncing-czechs.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

"John`s Lada with 2000cc Fiat power... This unusual base for a vehicle demonstrates John`s radical thinking."

Oh, ffs. A Fiat twink into a Lada's hardly *original* - I mean, the Fiat factory did a fair few of 'em before Lada started.

Reply to
Adrian

I love the Minor van, especially in the later photos with the wheels disguised to look original. Shame about the rear arches, but everything else looks perfect.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

John Redman ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmailREMOVETHEBLEEDINOBVIOUS.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Adrian

Go to Google, select images and search for "Reliant Kitten". Look for kitten1.jpg . It has been fitted with a jet engine. Any good for you?

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

"Adrian" wrote

That is....mad....

(backs away slowly)

Reply to
John Redman

Lada Riva 4x4 running gear and a two litre twink into a 124 coupe bodyshell was quite fun though 8-)

Reply to
Andy Dingley

"John Redman" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

What's mad about it? It's not as if they used an Esprit Turbo...

The story, apparently, is that there was this poor tired Acad sat in the yard with a broken chassis. Next to it was an Esprit with a burnt-out cabin.

The similarity in wheelbase was noticed, and an angle grinder fired up with an evil cackle of laughter...

Reply to
Adrian

Andy Dingley gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

I'll bet...

Reply to
Adrian

I *really* like that.

Reply to
Ben Blaney

Daf 66, as a bonsai Dodge Charger

Reply to
Andy Dingley

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Adrian saying something like:

Total madness like that appeals to me.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Grimly Curmudgeon ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I would just like to say that - if anybody round here buys it - I WANT A GO.

Looking on the DVLA's rather lovely vehicle licencing website shows it hasn't had a tax disc for about 4 years, though - so that 5,000 mile ago engine rebuild is not that fresh. Probably when it was built - mid/late

90s, IIRC.

Still, new MOT on it. The tester's probably still giggling. Or screaming.

Reply to
Adrian