Re: Ebay stupidity

SU Catalogue and manual, same as sold by Burlen for 7.95 including

>postage, currently bid to £9.22 + £4 postage: > >
>Have to laugh, don't you!

Caveat Emptor. Anyone would think that people would have the sense to check the retail price before bidding on ebay. There's some right mugs out there, and people are getting rich via ebay on it.

I thought Ebay was about getting rid of things you didn't need and allowing people to bid on them to get you best value. Now it just seems to be a commercial free-for-all

Alex

Reply to
Alex

It's not finished yet! Up to £12.50 now and still 6 hours to go - eBay is a great place to find the people with too much money who need to off load it. Having said that there are quite a few bargains out there still.

Not that many :(

I wanted an Apple (ARGH! Why the hell can't I turn off the 'caps lock' correction in this MS POS...) TWO-E (heh) card for a Mac LC.

All was sane and sensible, as it sat for about $26. Then I was outbid. Then it was bid more. Eventually, it ended at $100...

(They're $99 new).

I just found the next one, and got it, for the $26 I'd expected.

Richard (still around, just having trouble adjusting to a newsreader on the Mac).

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

It's very difficult to predict what prices stuff will achieve. I sold some automotive books a while back, one in particular went balistic with people bidding it up to over £50 - the guy who got it was happy, I was well pleased - I had put it on as £1.00 start no reserve just to move it on. I asked why £50 for a 60 page black and white soft back book - he said it was the definitive Chevetter HSR book and well sought after - he was prepared to pay more and considered this a bargain. Last week I saw the same title come up - £10 starting bid. It failed to receive any bids and didn't sell - go figure.

I guess you just have to bide your time and if you don't get what you want keep looking but always know what the new price of the thing is and be sensible!

I recently bought a very nice model of my SD1 off Ebay - exactly right, colour and all. Only after mentioning it to my brother who deals in such things was it clear I'd paid more than the retail price.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote

Which is worth more? The real car or the model?

Reply to
The Blue Max

Sniff.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Something is only ever worth "what somebody will pay for it"

Reply to
Neil

Finished at £21.01. Add the postage and that's over three times Burlen's price!

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke