Re: OLDEST HERALD SALOON

Before posting any more binary messages you would be well advised to read the group charter:

Richard H Huelin

Oh no another do gooder, it also mentions keeping things on topic this is where your little boy rant breaks the rules too.

Do you ever write anything worth reading or just juvenile drivel of the same ilk as above in every group you visit? I'd prefer to see new visitors here than having muppets like you ostracise every newcomer.

Hasn't anyone ever let you in on the secret that you personally do NOT own usenet, and the charter is there as a guideline, as there are no strick set rules whatsoever. It's about time you were kicked off Claranet.

Reply to
JP Howlett

The conventions have come about for the good of all. It is perfectly right and proper for him to advise newbies about the anti-social effect of posting binaries, HTML and other attachments to usenet, not to mention UDFQs. As most of them obviously haven't bothered to read the FAQs, how would they know otherwise?

Reply to
Andy Luckman

Binaries are for binary groups. Lots of Usenet users still use text-only readers and / or are on limited bandwidth connections. If you were paying per minute or per MB for access, would you really want to be downloading binary posts that shouldn't be there?

It's like everything else - before you post, you should read the guidelines.

And this is where you are wrong. I think you'll find that the terms and conditions of your internet account mean that your ISP can pull your account if you don't comply with usenet group charters......

Reply to
SteveH

Snip.

I'd call you a pea-brain, but I don't think you deserve the compliment.

Reply to
Richard H Huelin

: Binaries are for binary groups. Lots of Usenet users still use text-only : readers and / or are on limited bandwidth connections.

And my ISP, amongst other, automatically culls any message with a binary part from non-binary newsgroups, so breaking the rules is a very good way of muffling yourself.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

Your rattle landed over there, somewhere.....>>>>>>>

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Also a lot of ISPs, such as mine (Pipex) kill any postings containing binaries in non-binary newsgroups - so it's a bit of a waste of effort really.

I wouldn't see them anyway :-)

Reply to
Stan Barr