Re: Panel Manufacturers

Thanks guys

I'm not particularly looking for Ford stuff, but for someone who might make short run panels for other vehicles based on pattern parts. Sorry if my original post was a bit confusing. In particular, I'm looking for early Jeep (CJ 2/3) panels especially body tub, front wings and windscreen surrounds.

Cheers

THuNK

Reply to
THuNK

There was a company called 'ex-pressed steel' that might be able to help you. I think they were doing a lot of Ford stuff, and the geography sounds about right. I don't have any contact details but I would think a web search or one of the classic magazines might help.

HTH Mike.

Just caught the tail end of a program on TV the other day about classic UK > Ford's and they showed a workshop where replacement panels were made to > limited run order. The Ford Anglia club was mentioned and I think the name > of the company was "classic restorations" based in West Yorkshire. As I > said, I only caught a bit of this, but does anyone know of, or can recommend > any company that will make short or limited run panels to order? The program > looked as if it were made a good few years ago..... > > TIA > > THuNK > >
Reply to
Mike

Reply to
R Strong

Thanks a million Chris. That's just up the road from where I live :O)

Small world....

THuNK

Reply to
THuNK

Ex-Pressed Steel Panels Ltd Ickornshaw Mill Cowling nr Keighley West Yorkshire BD22 0DB Tel 01535 632721 Fax 01535 636977

Mark

Buying or selling a Jaguar, go to

carman

Try Radford Panel Company, Heathcote Industrial Estate, Warwick. I understand they've made parts for the A40 Farina Club in the past.

Reply to
Chris Bolus

Sports Car Metalworks, Unit 4A Dutton Farm, Bangors Road South, Iver, Bucks, SL0 0PY Tel/Fax: 01753 654144 make various MGA and T-type panels. I've seen their stuff at the shows, and it looks good, but I've not bought anything yet, so I've no idea whether any of it fits.

-- Kevin Poole

********Use current month and year to reply (e.g. snipped-for-privacy@mainbeam.co.uk)************** B283EW, SA 1838, TC 8512, GHD/97654, GAN3/48519, GAN4/63840, GHD5/324616 Tiltbed car transporter trailer hire - £25/ day. Near Derby. May even tow it for you.
Reply to
Autolycus