Registration number issuing dates

I used to have a bookmark to a website that gave the dates when a specific range of registration letters/numbers were issued by local authorities but I've lost it. For example it would say something to the effect that number "ABC xxx" was issued by Leicester Registration Authority and give the date they started the range and the date they stopped.

It was associated with the website of one of the companies selling plates and my attempts with Google to find it again have come to nothing.

Reply to
Malcolm

I don't think this is exactly what you're looking for, but it's probably quite close.

Steve Loft

Steve Loft ( snipped-for-privacy@nybbles.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I think it's more like this but, obviously, for UK plates.

I think I've seen what the OP's looking for, but gawd knows where.

Reply to
Adrian

It used to be here

but it's gone now. Shame, it was an interesting site.

Reply to
David Balfour

It's on the wayback machine:

It doesn't seem to give much more information about area codes than the link I gave before, though.

Reply to
Steve Loft

or I have all the info in a couple of word documents if you want me to mail them.

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini Deluxe 1964 Austin Mini Super Deluxe
(cars and email on website)
Reply to
Howard Rose

thats strange... the site has gone

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini Deluxe 1964 Austin Mini Super Deluxe
(cars and email on website)
Reply to
Howard Rose

It's the same site as that lammasstreetcentre link posted earlier, and it's also on the wayback machine:

Steve Loft

In news:cvuuas$khd$ snipped-for-privacy@titan.btinternet.com, Malcolm decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

I use this one

Pete M

has what you need.

Reply to
Chris Bolus

Thanks Pete.

That's the info I was looking for. It's a different format from the one I remember but looks like the source data they must have used.

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm