Reply from Channel 5 about Classic Car 'Rescue'

Dear XXX

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding Classic Car Rescue.

We were sorry to read that you were unhappy with aspects of Episode 1 of this new series. The programme's premise is to illustrate how Bernie Fineman and Marco Pacione cope with restoration jobs with a "tight deadline and an even tighter budget" while also giving some background into why each selected model is held in the high regard that it is. It is not intended to, and does not claim to, demonstrate the detailed effort and finance that can go into the high end restoration of classic cars.

We appreciate that the programme's approach will not be to the taste of all classic car restoration enthusiasts. There will always be a dissonance of views about the content, style and format of our programmes but please remember that programmes that you do not like may be appreciated by other viewers and vice versa.

Nevertheless, this does not diminish the validity of your opinions and we are grateful to you for taking the time to make us aware of your concerns. Your comments have been logged in our Viewer Enquiries Report. This is circulated throughout the company and seen by all relevant personnel.

Thank you for your interest in Channel 5.

Yours sincerely

XXX VIEWER ADVISOR

Reply to
Sla#s

So, basically, "Thanks, but eff off".

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I actually watched a bit of the one yesterday (MGB) Even worse than the E-Type one, if possible. Won't bother again.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I watched some of the 911 one. The show has no redeeming features whatsoever.

Reply to
Huge

The only half decent bit was watching the real tradesmen trying and failing to look enthusiastic about either the program or their so called bosses who they obviously held in contempt.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It is typical of TV types to treat the classic cars as mere props and it doesn't matter what happens to the props provided it makes "good TV".

The real danger from this programme is that it might encourage others to do a butchery of a restoration to make a quick profit, thereby ruining the chances of a classic getting a decent restoration.

Jim

Reply to
Indy Jess John

Just think of it as a spoof / comedy show. Spinal Tap meets Alf Garnett with a sprinkling of Mr Bean and Frank Spencer.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

I will try. But it was a real angle grinder I saw.

Jim

Reply to
Indy Jess John

Given that (a) it fails even at that & (b) I dislike all of the examples (and loathe Frank Spencer), this is not a good way forward for me.

Reply to
Huge