road test exempt?

Hello,

The vendor of this van on Ebay claims it is road test exempt. 370001550152

Sounds unlikely somehow. Can it be?

Not thinking about buying - just curious how such an exemption might be obtained.

Cheers.

Reply to
nona

It's pre-1973.

Reply to
SteveH

That'd be exempt from tax, then, rather than test. Probably.

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

Doh!

Mis-read it.

I which case, I can't see why it would be MOT exempt.

Mind you, the seller is an illiterate f****it who also appears to be colour blind, so it's highly likely he's talking out of his arse.

Reply to
SteveH

If I remember correctly, and I can't find a reference off hand, commercial vehicles of over 3500kg and pre 1960 are exempt from needing an MoT. You are not allowed to carry a load however. Its all to do with them not fitting on a standard MoT testers ramp and so having to be done (or not done in this case) by HGV testers.

I suppose this one could just slide in.

A friend has a pre-war 3 tonner and it certainly does not need an MoT.

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm

Took a bit of finding, but the answer is here:

Part 1(6) item xxiii (on page 9) of the Motor Vehicles (Tests) Regulations 1981

says

"before 1st August 1991, a goods vehicle the design gross weight of which does not exceed 3500 kilograms and which is of a class specified in Schedule 2 to the Goods Vehicles (Plating and Testing) Regulations

1988];"

which in turn can be found here:-

- item30, "Motor vehicles first used before 1st January 1960, used unladen and not drawing a laden trailer, and trailers manufactured before 1st January

1960 and used unladen."
Reply to
Chris Bolus

Is it or isn't then? You don't know Ian do you?

Do us all a favour & just shut the f*ck up Ian! You useless piece of shit.

Reply to
pissfall