Rover 620 si

HI When Chainging the distributer on my rover 620si 2L honda Engin the plug came detached from the wirering loom The problrm is the wires on the dizzy are diferent coloures to the loom can someone tell me the right coloure combo to reconect

Reply to
under131

Er classic? Think you got the wrong group, uk-rec.cars.maintenance is that way --> !

Reply to
Chris Bolus

uk.rec.cars.maintenance -->

Reply to
Chris Bolus

under131 gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Are you really so cretinous as to not be able to spot the difference between spam and real posts?

Clearly, yes, since you can't tell the difference between a heap of s**te like a Rover 620 and a classic.

Now, please, f*ck off before you make yourself look like an even bigger fool.

Reply to
Adrian

Back in their day, many classics were heaps of s**te. Back in the mid-60s, I wouldn't have given you tuppence for a Ford Pop 103E.

Reply to
Dean Dark

Dean Dark gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

I still wouldn't...

Reply to
Adrian

Many would.

Reply to
Dean Dark

Dean Dark gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

I'm sure they would. If they could find one that hadn't already been v8 rodded...

Reply to
Adrian

I think your correct in spam, these thing are just about fool proof and the plugs and wiring will not allow simple mistakes like crossing wires even if it comes out of a harness. the multi plugs are differing sizes or different colours etc.

Unlike classics where each wire has the same individual connection and just a bunch of wires.

Rob

They're out there if you look for them.

It was just an example. There's plenty of others.

Reply to
Dean Dark

He's got a Rover 620. How much bigger a fool /can/ he look?

Ian

Reply to
Ian

Sadly spam is as much a problem on usenet as it is in email. Those of us that use it regularly use a dedicated newsreader (you can do it in Outlook Express) rather than a web interface, the advantage being that you can set filters for all the crap - I hardly ever see a spam message in this group now.

Reply to
Chris Bolus

I can think of worse similar cars from the period.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Ian gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Good point, well made.

Reply to
Adrian

Quite pretty cars, considering the Honda input. They do seem to rust, though, and most of the ones I see now are sheds-in-exelcis. I dare say in 20-odd years the (few!) survivors might be making the SoC->

near-classic transition, a bit like the Cortina or Princess.

On a different, and equally probably-not-classic sense, I saw a Renault 14 today. Can't remember when I last saw one. With its rarity, Pininfarina-inspired (or was it 'farina penned it?) banana-body and combination of mechanical features (the Douvrin donk and sump-gargling transmission, but the wheelbase is still different on the two sides as it's got the R16-like back suspension) - plus very decent comfort and undoubted distinctiveness - it /ought/ be be getting classic status. But somehow, I just don't see it.

Reply to
Andrew Robert Breen

I Do know the difference i helped refurbish an Austin 7 & a ford prefect i also owned a vauxhal FB victor and a lotus cortina since becoming disabled i have to buy from the cheap end of the market and strugle to keep them on the road aparently with no help i was hoping that iwould get a straight answer to a honest Question

Reply to
under131

I certainly wouldn't want one /without/ a big V8.

Reply to
Pete M

I've just been offered a Renault 30TX, and to make things worse, I'm going to look at it a.s.a.p.

Reply to
Pete M

Yesbut - the R30 almost certainly /is/ a classic. They were very tasty when new, and rarity and distinctiveness must help the transition to classic status. In your position I'd certainly be going to look at it ASAP too.

Reply to
Andrew Robert Breen

Then why ask in the wrong newsgroup? You do know there are some 30,000 to chose from?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)