Rubber restorer

Does anyone know of a decent rubber restoring product? The rubbers around the windows on my MK2 Golf are getting a bit hard and not sealing brillaintly, and whilst I have some spares from another car, they're not likely to be mint either...

Reply to
Doki

Surely you can buy new replacements? The only real answer. I suppose you could try treating them with engine oil stop-leak, which works by softening and swelling the rubber (although as I found this week, shock absorber fluid does the same!) but I wouldn't be confident.

Reply to
Chris Bolus

What shock absorber fluid would that be? I've been trying to find the stuff for onks and ended up with motor cycle fork oil from Halfords.

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R.N. Robinson

The stuff that leaks out when the shocker's knackered!

Reply to
Chris Bolus

Reply to
David Billington

Window scrapers are listed as unavailable by ECP, as are rear screen seals. I think they're still available from VW but they're not cheap. Do they age soley due to time or is it a UV thing? I could probably find a garaged 1 litre or similar and scavenge seals from that...

Reply to
Doki

- don't actually list it but boast 700sections available it you send them a sample, might be worth a try.

Reply to
Chris Bolus