Shameless Plug: FA: 1990 RR Vogue 3.9 Low Mileage

Range Rover Classic Vogue 3.9 Auto, 74,000 miles from new. Very tidy vehicle. 8 months MOT

Reply to
Alex

Shameless complaint posted.

Reply to
Biggie

Nothing in the charter says I can't post a short advert for an ebay item

Alex

Alex ( snipped-for-privacy@cbmsys.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Just as well *EVERY* bloody car for sale on eBay doesn't get spammed here, eh?

Reply to
Adrian

snip

As the pile of junk that you are advertising does not qualify as a classic vehicle, trying to promote your ebay sale here is spam, not only is it contrary to the charter of this group it also contravenes the terms and conditions you agreed to abide by when you signed up for your ebay account.

eBay users may not post on Usenet groups (Internet newsgroups) to advertise eBay or an eBay listing that is inappropriate or violates the Usenet board policy. If Usenet abuse is reported to eBay, we may among other remedies remove the listing, issue a warning, or suspend the user's eBay account.

Please note that eBay can only take action in cases where it's clear it was an eBay member who posted to the Usenet group inappropriately.

Usenet abuse should also be reported to your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and the email provider of the person who posted.

Perhaps now would be a good time to stop digging before the hole you are creating becomes so deep that it caves in on you.

Reply to
Richard H Huelin

Interesting, as the vehicle in question is described, by Land Rover the manufacturer of the vehicle no less, as a Range Rover "Classic". It is insured on a classic policy, with an agreed value as a classic car. So which part of Classic doesn't it qualify for?

It doesn't. I consider the vehicle a classic, LandRover consider the vehicle a classic, and it is widely recognised as a classic vehicle. Since the newsgroup includes no definiton of what is or isnt a classic vehicle, that means it isn't "posted to the usenet group inappropriately"

So if you don't like it, f*ck off.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Just a comment but I've noticed 1 or 2 of the regulars in the uk.rec.cars n/g's posting adverts for their cars that don't seem to raise any complaints. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Accompanied by the sound of a chisel on slate Alex, managed to produce the following words of wisdom

I'm with Alex on this one.

Reply to
Pikey Pete

Me too Jim

Reply to
Jim Warren

"Pikey Pete" realised it was Mon, 24 Sep 2007 01:55:00 +0100 and decided it was time to write:

I'm with nobody who tells anybody to f*ck off.

Reply to
Yippee

Yippee ( snipped-for-privacy@intuh.net.invalid) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Fuck off, then.

Reply to
Adrian

Yippee ( snipped-for-privacy@intuh.net.invalid) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Fuck me!

Reply to
Adrian

Adrian realised it was 24 Sep 2007 17:16:18 GMT and decided it was time to write:

Alright, I'll make an exception for you. Just to piss you off.

Reply to
Yippee

Is that an offer, a reccomendation or an order?

Reply to
Alex

All 3 asshole

Reply to
Biggie

Alex ( snipped-for-privacy@cbmsys.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Merely an exclamation.

Reply to
Adrian

Oh do f*ck off (specially for Yippee there)

Posting eBay ads is hard to defend (what happens if everyone...), but old-style Rangies are as "classic" as you could wish for.

(I'd be tempted myself, if I hadn't just bought my car allowance for the week!)

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Is it on roller-skate tyres, or is that a ridiculous amont of lift on the springs ?

I had about that much lift on mine (on 7.50 x 16s) and the extra cornering roll really wasn't pleasant.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Andy Dingley realised it was Tue, 25 Sep 2007

21:22:21 +0100 and decided it was time to write:

Ta for making me feel special. Much appreciated.

Reply to
Yippee

It's running 205/85R16's with police-spec heavy duty suspension. Bigger tyres would fill the arches a bit better, but the existing tyres have loads of tread on them yet.The suspension sits about 1" higher than 'normal' and about 2-3" higher than a RR of that age on saggy original springs. The rear Boge levelling unit is still fitted, it actually corners better than normal. It's a great improvement from

16-year old springs which were on it.

A friend of mine has a kitted-out RR with a 2.5" lift and running

265/65 (IIRC) and that is very roll-y round corners

Alex

Reply to
Alex