Smiths Temperature Gauges

I have 2 Smiths Temperature gauges, one has 359 on the back the other

441 anyone any ideas to their significance? Something to do with the resistance of the sender perhaps?

Thanks

Alan...

Reply to
Phaeton

The date being 20 Aug 2007, Phaeton decided to write:

Are the numbers on stickers or stamped into the casing? Could they just be QA identifiers? The resistance ranges and temperature coefficients of senders do vary a bit, as do the threads, but is there any identification on the sender?

Reply to
Richard Porter

There should be some numbers on the dial. Not on the back these as above I think are QA marks.

Rob

Thanks for the responses, I'll go & have a look on the front to see if I can see any markings.

Alan...

Reply to
Phaeton

Cannot find any other marking on them at all, apart from made in UK.

Alan...

Reply to
Phaeton