source for colour-matched touch up paint?

My red E-type has a very nice paint job, which is marred by a few chips and a 50mm x 5mm scrape caused by a garage door.

I got a quote from a restoration paint shop, and because the chips are distributed over half the panels, they wanted £1500 to fix the paint (no rust involved).

I am not intending to pay that much, so I am want to touch-up the chips myself. The colour is not quite an original Jaguar colour, so I need to get some paint mixed to match.

Any suggestions about where to go to get paint? I frequent Hertfordshire/Cambridgeshire.

TIA Mike

Reply to
mike

your nearest branch of MOVAC will do. they are only round the corner from you (so to speak)

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

It should be easy enough to find a local paint factor. I rang around the body shops in our area to ask them where they go and they pointed me to a local paint factor who can put together a tin of touch up paint or aerosol to match if you take your car along. ______________________________________________ Simon Denman Classic Motoring - Jaguar E-Type Hire in The Cotswolds Web:

01452 864050

Reply to
mintyboy