Starter solenoid urgently wanted

Wasn't the Marina fitted with the same/very similar engine to the MGB? If so, do either of these look familiar? (Items 9 & 10).

Ian Edwards

The list is from the US and I'd guess the Marina is an auto - which often use pre-engage where the manual made do with inertia. Certainly at least early MGBs were inertia. But of course there were auto 1800 Marinas in the UK too. Not sure if they ever did an auto MGB.

Sadly your link gives BL part numbers. Wonder if a phone call would get the Lucas ones from them?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yes

Reply to
Rob

Thanks, Ian, I've already got them in my diary to call Monday morning. I agree - seems probable that any BMC B Sreies may be the same. I've also heard that the TR6 and TR7 may have used the same unit, but yet to be confirmed (Rimmers were completely uninterested).

As far as I can make out, the innards are all the same but the casing varies according to the car. The E is very tight for space, which is why I have to use absolutely the correct part. If there was a bit more room I could probably lash something up.

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Mackenzie

Geoff - Did you find your solenoid? I have a NOS KOR Lucas #76706 1/1971, correct for your car if you still need. RGDS....................Mick

url:

Mick Conde

Hi Mick, just wondered if you still have the 76706 starter solenoid for sale? If so I am interested. Many thanks Peter

url:

Peter Smith

we are solenoids supplier.For more information,pls. see

E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@solenoid-china.com

url:

Tina Huang

Crikey. I'd use a faster search engine. Ant it helps to understand what was wanted. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Ah, but least I know where to go for a shoesmaker with automatic piano....

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Mackenzie

we are solenoid manufacture, For more information,pls visit

url:

Tina Huang

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Tina Huang" saying something like:

Piss off, Tina.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Wouldn't care if they actually sold what was wanted.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)