Steering Wheel Re-Trim?

Can anybody help...

I have a steering wheel from a Triumph PI 2500, alloy centre/spokes with leather outer rim. The leather is well past it's prime, cracked/split etc and needs replacing. Anybody know of/can reccomend someone who can retrim this for me? Preferably not too expensivly! Needs to have a fairly quick turnaround, as it's on everyday transport and i can't drive it without a steering wheel!

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Can't help with retrimming, but a Mini, Metro and Dolomite wheel will all fit if it's a mk2 (don't know about mk1s), so you can pick yourself up a cheapy as a temp measure while yours is sorted :) The indicator cancel will need work if fitting a Mini or Metro one though.

Reply to
Stuffed

Hmm. I don't know which PI it's from, it's fitted to a landrover.....

Alex

Reply to
Alex

There are two distinct types of indicator cancel in a Mini. The earlier type uses a little stud screwed into the steering column so the steering wheel boss is unimportant. The later type has a nylon collar which engages with a tongue on the steering wheel boss. However you can always cancel the indicator manually which is often a lot better than leaving it to cancel itself. I have no idea what the Triumph uses.

Reply to
Richard Porter