The 26th Thames Traditional Boat Rally at Henley-on-Thames

The 26th Thames Traditional Boat Rally at Henley-on-Thames. (Note: 13 large Photo Galleries added since last year - one of the largest photo collections on the Web)

The Rally takes place this year on 17th to 18th of July (Saturday and Sunday) 2004 beside the River Thames at Henley-on-Thames.

This is an experience not to be missed.

It is a glorious weekend of traditional boats and boating, and a massive festival involving every conceivable type of vintage, classic and traditional boat, of all shapes and sizes, plus vintage cars and bicycles. Everyone is welcome - this is a spectator event as much as it is a participant event for the boat owners. Thousands come every year to enjoy it. The setting is perfect - Fawley Meadows on the banks of the River Thames by the historic town of Henley-on-Thames. Come for Saturday, Sunday or both. Bring a picnic! (We have ordered perfect weather!). We welcome overseas visitors. Full data is on our Web site.

There is a huge 2-day boat jumble, a craft fair, chandlery, bankside displays, boatbuilders' stands, trad jazz band, many food stands, Beer Tent with a saturday night dance with live band, many amusements for the kids, and much more. There are rides on the steamer "Alaska", vintage and classic car and vintage bicycle displays. There is a beautiful illuminated parade on the river on Saturday night. Come for a fantastic day out, or come for the whole weekend (excellent camping facilities!) Bring a picnic or buy food at the Rally.

Many of the famous Dunkirk Little Ships will be there, and will perform a sail-past on each day.

Visit the Rally's website at

for full information.

On our Web site

you will find many excellent PHOTO GALLERIES of previous year's Rallies, so that you can see what it is all about. Drop me an email if you want more info.

Mike Phillips (Rally Webmaster) East Grinstead, England

(my email is on the site)

Reply to
Mike Phillips