Think you have too many projects?

The next time your other half moans at you for having too many old vehicles cluttering the place up, show her this:

Willy Eckerslyke

The message from Willy Eckerslyke contains these words:

Looks like a typical farm to me. Too far from a scrapyard to make it worthwhile throwing anything away and plenty of space for junk (1% of which just might be of some use some day). :-)

What you really want is a photograph of the garden filled with 49 Trabants that was subject to an enforcement order not too long ago. I can find several news reports on-line but unfortunately not a photo.

Reply to
Roger

Yes, I'll bet that's how the collection built up. I'd reckon that nowadays there's some value there though. Old tractors like those are fetching serious money and there's a scrap metal place within 20 miles for the real junk.

According to the chap I was talking to a couple of weeks ago who knew the Trabants' owner, they're still there. He claimed that they're not an eye-sore at all as they can only be seen by standing on top of a wall - hence, presumably, the lack of photos.

This one was a bit more extreme, with 300 cars, mostly 2CVs:

Willy Eckerslyke

Copy 53.165593,-1.707352 into Google Maps search, and zoom right in.

May not be the ones, but it's the right village

Reply to
Autolycus

Roger realised it was Thu, 14 Jun 2007

12:19:53 +0100 and decided it was time to write:

After playing 7.2 seconds with images.google.com:

And also:
Fill the search box on the BBC web site with 'Goodall trabant' and you'll find even more.

Reply to
Yippee