TR4/5 hard top wanted

Hi Chaps, any ideas on where to find or at least start to find a Surrey Top for my TR? I really want to get one before winter sets in but all the obvious breakers yards have come to nothing - which isn't surprising I suppose :-)

Preferably in good nick if possible, I believe a minter can change hands for quite a sum if TRaction is to be believed.

Alastair

Reply to
ajmac

Too right, and them as has them are hanging on to them.

You have a long search, I'm afraid or have to be prepared to let go of some serious money.

Are you looking for the back window + top; or just the top?

There was some guy who used to make a neat fibreglass top which was in two sections, you could stow them in the boot. He got greedy though and it think it failed.

J.

(TR5 with hard top....)

Reply to
Jacques Hankin

Al, try these people - they used to do a lot of high quality repro hard tops in gel finishes for reasonable money, if they don't do the specific one for your car there might be something else that'll fit.

HoneyBourne Mouldings Address: Station Rd Alcester Warks B49 5EQ Tel: 01789 762071 Fax: 01789 762071

-- Ken Davidson

Reply to
DocDelete

Forget the repros they just do not look the part.

I bought mine from TR Bitz in Warrington last year. (He had three at the time). The complete kit with every nut bolt and washer to fit cost £650 (serious money some would say) but it was mint in every detail and original.

Last year one in similar condition as mine went for £1500 on eBay, in America!.

Give them a ring 01625 861861 (No financial interest)

Dixie

Reply to
dixie

dixie waffled on in a quite bewildering manner to produce...

Warrington is an 01925 number....

Reply to
Pete M

Something in PC this month about them having all their moulds and stock destroyed by fire.

Reply to
Andy Luckman

Quite right typo error!

Reply to