Trying to source an Eaton oil pump?

Hi everyone,

I wonder whether any of you can help me with an enquiry I have to locate an oil pump for an engine I am having rebuilt?

The engine is the 2279 OHC as fitted to the Vauxhall Firenza and Magnum, I am looking for a new "Eaton" oil pump, the car club I belong to recommends the high pressure variety? I know there is a pattern pump made by a company called AE, but the car club don't recommend these as they have failed on a few rebuilt engines.

I cannot find an Eaton oil pump anywhere, I've tried the car clubs, dealers (old stock) and still no joy. Does anyone have any ideas on who could source me this pump? Or what are the alternatives - have a pump made? A dry sump system? Do any of you know of any companies who could make a new pump or a dry sump system............

Any help much appreciated, the engine can't go back together without the pump and I'm very reluctant to fit a second hand one as so much time and effort (and money!) has been spent on what will be a very special engine when it's finished.

kind regards, Richard

Reply to
Richard Kerry

Have you looked at looked at the Lotus oil pump might just be similar, Holburn-eaton made oil pumps for most manufacturers but in several different patterns, intenals can be mixed and matched to some extent. Incidentally there is no such thing as a high pressure oil pump only a high pressure relief valve which dosen't really do anything except give a higher reading on the gauge - what bearings need is a good flow of oil at the right temperature the best advice is a new normal pump to protect the engine with a modern oil together with a cooler and thermostat.

Reply to
AWM