US Cross Country in a 1913 Rolls....

Greetings from the States,

I went to a Euro Carshow today, and this lady is there with her 1913 Rolls Royce Touring Car, that she's DRIVING from Philadelphia to Pebble Beach.... She's ALONE! Heck, I'm scared to drive my '53 Buick to McDonalds! This is easily the neatest thing I've seen in years.... I've posted a bunch of pics on my site... This woman deserves to be profiled in USA Today, for shear guts! But, I must admit, she did point out that IF you're going to drive cross country in a 91 year old car, what better than a Rolls! Yeah, she's got a GREAT attitude about life... I've put together a little piece on her on my site. Maybe one of the big outlets like CNN will stumble onto her somewhere in America to tell her story. FANTASTIC.

A Celebration of American Cars, Music, and Retro Culture

Reply to
huffreport

Good for her!

My oldest son lives at Pebble Beach, I'll tell him to look out for her.

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R.N. Robinson

[snip]

Brilliant authentic motor car, Though I bet the restored paintwork isn't ?.

Steve.

Reply to
<Steve

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "huffreport" saying something like:

Lovely underbonnet space.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Did you ever see the program on telly with the Silver Ghosts recreating what used to be a regular run across some part of the alps (I forget the details - someone here is bound to know).

The bit that stuck in my mind was the tatty Ghost owned and driven at the time by the late Alan Clarke. It was unrestored, the rear end had been converted to carry a machine gun at some time during its days in India, and he was proudly pointing at the engine saying the head had never been off and there was some good 90 year old sludge in the bottom.

Still completed the run !

Reply to
Mark W

"This wild "Rocket Car" looks like it could be something out the movie "Wild, Wild West"...(?)" It looks more like the car driven by Peter Falk and Jack Lemmon in "The Great Race" to me. It would certainly fit in with the "Lesley" lower down on the same page.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke