VALUATION: MERCEDES 4-MATIC ESTATE G REG

CROSS POSTED FROM uk.adverts.cars

A colleague at work (TRING/AYLESBURY) is looking to sell the following car, and would like an idea of its sale price (or even offers!) : -

300TE Mercedes Estate 4-Matic four wheel drive. 6 cylinder 3 litre petrol 1989/90 G reg, 107,000 miles Leather Inside good Goes like a train Petrol but surprisingly economical Seven seats Metallic mid blue The small sills

NEGATIVES - no aircon rusty front sills aerial and rear windscreen wiper do not work speaker on one rear door and inside handle on the other need fixing (both doors do work !) badges nicked not much history

Paid £2k for it three years ago and spent about £1k or so doing it up.

If the rear speaker and door trim was fixed , badges put back and it was buffed up it would look very good.

Ian H

Please "reply to group" only

Reply to
Ian Haig

Ian Haig ( snipped-for-privacy@despammed.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

How much MOT?

Because it ain't going to pass another one with those two faults.

Reply to
Adrian

It's silly quoting the mileage when there's no history. It's almost certainly false.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Its got 2 months MoT but he says it will have a new MoT before its sold. The condition of the interior - wear on leather etc is consistent with the mileage shown on the odometer.

Ian H

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 7799 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Reply to
Ian Haig

I sold a 1988 one of these with full history and 5mths MOT for £750 earlier this year. Without rusty sills, but similar faults (ariel, rear wiper, door speaker inop).

Expect £1k max is my thoughts - they're wanted but running costs are too high. If the 4-matic goes it's uneconomical to repair.

David

Reply to
David Lane

Ian Haig ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

So the non-working interior door handle and the rotten sills will be fixed?

Reply to
Adrian

actually it turns out the sills are OK and the rust is in the lips of the front wings and nat all that bad either. Ian

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 7811 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Reply to
Ian Haig

A two-inch circle between the indicator and wheelarch? normal for a W124.

AFAIK the seats are probably not leather, rather "MBtex" which is a synthetic alternative unique to Mercedes; it is very hard-wearing.

The 4-matic is perhaps the rarest W124, but still not particularly scarce, and the 3-litre engine frightens many away, though it's a strong, smooth unit. Market values of W124s are not especially high, so £800 would be about the mark I would say. You'll be lucky to get much more; I paid £1200 for my '93 220TE on a K plate, t&t, in very good condition.

Reply to
Chris Bolus

Just passed the MoT.

Reply to
Ian Haig, (remove my underwear when replyng)