Valuation needed...

'71 De Tomaso Pantera, MINT, one owner from new, left hand drive, unmodded, owned by engineer enthusiast from new. Not sure of mileage, but the car is

*right* and there can't be many of them around like this. Proper chrome bumper early dashboard one. Just need an indication of value if you'd be so kind.

Ta.

Reply to
Pete M

First (hardtop) car I remember being able to look over the top of :-)

Would have been about 9 at the time - the local dealership in Snettisham, Norfolk had one in (Kim Cairns - used to be a Maserati, TVR, and one or two other nice marques dealer, despite being based in the sticks - and seemed remarkably tolerant of schoolkids peering in his wares).

Reply to
Samuel Clemens

From 'Classic & Sportscar':

Show: £22500 Average: £12500 Resto: £ 7000

So, somewhere between £12500 and £22500.

You say it's mint, but it's also LHD. So, it's down to £20000 in show condition, I reckon somewhere around £16-18000.

Reply to
SteveH

it's mint, trust me. This guy restores all sorts of serious machinery. Although, the De Tomato hasn't been touched.. it's totally original and still perfect... Proper timewarp thing. I doubt LHD is a problem to be honest. He probably bought this before they made RHD ones, and one owner provenance is a powerful thing. Even so, I was thinking it's worth about £18-20k.. I've got the job of flogging it y'see.

This geezer has had one of the very first, flat floor, 3.8 E-type roadsters from new, and he's in the process of building a Supermarine Spitfire powered '29 Rolls Royce. He's restoring Princess Grace of Monacos' old Pantera at the moment, so he's decided to get shut (possibly) of his one. Hopefully if I can sell it, I might be able to get his Mk1 3.0 Granada Ghia off him...

Reply to
Pete M

NADA (US) guide says: Low Retail Average Retail High Retail $17,400 $25,600 $34,400 (£10,440) (£15,360) (£20,640)

In case you were wondering what it would fetch on the left side of the pond.

Reply to
Dan Drake

To reach £22.5k it would have to be an absolutely pristine (we're talking about show-winning standard here) RHD car. LHD knocks at least

10% off the value even for something as relatively rare as this.

IMHO, you'd (he'd) be lucky to see £20k. Even then it would depend on the right buyer coming along - they're not hugely sought-after cars as you can buy a very nice Maserati, Ferrari or Lambourghini for £20k.

Heh..... that's the only reason you're doing this, isn't it? ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Dan Drake waffled on in a quite bewildering manner to produce...

Ta!

Hmm, I'll have to barter him down to bugger all, then get my selling hat on.

Reply to
Pete M

Steve, your psychic abilities are astounding sometimes :-D

Reply to
Pete M