Vauxhall steering wheels

Err... probably the wrong group but I know that there are a lot of car wise peeps here, so here goes anyway... Not quite a classic but I am looking for a smaller steering wheel for a B reg Vauxhall Carlton. Does anybody know if the smaller, older Vauxhalls like (cough) Astras and (cough, cough) Novas have the same splines / fittings as the Carlton? I hope so. I'm not too bothered about electrical connections for the horn press, I just want it to fit correctly and safely.

TIA Simon H

Reply to
Simon H

Is this the old square boxy carlton or the new one? I know that for the newer one you can fit a later CDX leather s/wheel which is 1" or so smaller, but i do not know if these later wheels can be fitted to the old boxy ones.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

It was the old boxy Carlton. 'Was' because I've used the steering column and power steering in a somewhat modified Dutton Sierra kit car rebuild. Unfortunately the original Carlton steering wheel would be more at home on the Cutty Sark! I need something about 12 or 13 inches diameter so I thought a boy racer Astra / Nova / Corsa would be a good place to start.

Cheers Simon H

Reply to
Simon H