Ver old car ammeter -- which car?

Hi folks!

I have acquired a very old car ammeter. It is brass and at the top of a circular panel about 9 cm in diameter. Under the meter are three push-pull silver knobs marked DYN LTS DIM. I would put a photo on here but I imagine the newsgroup does not take them. I am wondering what car it's from so I can go to the right newsgroups to offer it for sale. Must be rare. Someone may well be really hanging out for it!

Reply to
MoiInAust

Put the pic on Photobucket etc and post the link to it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It sounds like the CAV made panel fitted to very early Austin 7s (1923-24ish). Does it have a fuse below the knobs?

Reply to
Malcolm

Yes, absolutely!

But as an ex owner of an English 1930 Austin 7, I think it looks too big for that dashboard. In fact, looking carefully at the meter I see it is marked 'Weston Electrical Instrument Co Newark NJ USA' so I guess it must be American. I have it listed (with photos) on Australian ebay currently under 'Ammeter, car, very old' though I may relist it if I get more info.

Reply to
MoiInAust