Vitesse speedo anyone?

The speedo on my Triumph Vitesse MkII has just died. I don't suppose any of you have an unwanted spare knocking about, do you? It's a Jaeger 120mph job.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

The Stoneleigh Triumph Day cometh, February 6th.......... Cheers, Bill.

Bill Davies

Thanks Bill, but that's an awfully long drive with no speedo. More to the point, it's a long way with no odometer - something I rely on rather a lot since my fuel gauge hasn't worked for a while...

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

Doesn't the Vitesse have a reserve tap? I was sure the Herald did...

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

Oh yes, and it gets a fair bit of use. Trouble is, you have to get out and open the boot to operate it. You also have to remember to return it to the normal position when you fill up again...

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

: : Oh yes, and it gets a fair bit of use. Trouble is, you have to get out : and open the boot to operate it.

Not if you have a passenger in the back seat of a convertible, the hood is up, and the panel between the hood well and boot is missing. Been there, done that!

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston