What kind of Car - in a movie

Dear Group,

I am trying to find out what kind of car I saw in a movie.

The film was "Stop Press Girl" 1949 B&W.

The car is the one in which the female lead and the intending husband drive to her uncle's house. The car breaks down, on account of this girls innate ability to deactivate machinery. As they walk a policeman finds the car now running at the side of the road, and proceeds to drive it to town - passing them at the side of the road.

The car is a small two seater, open top sports car - I think without doors. It has open wheels f'ward and in-arch wheels at the rear.

This looks like a terrific candidate for electric conversion given its small size and spoke wheels.

Any car / movie buffs who can help I would be greatly interested to find this car.

Thanks

Chris

Reply to
root

British or american film? If the former I guess Austin Healey!

Steve.

Reply to
Stedale