where to sell your classic car

A great site to list your classic car for sale and its only =A31.99

take a look, plenty of good stuff on there the more of you that use it the better it will get.

Reply to
midlandclassics

The first thumbnail on your home page is nearly half a megabyte for a

100x100 pixel picture. That is after loading a third of a megabyte of irritating and valueless Flash animation. My dial-up connection timed out your home page before all the thumbnails had loaded!

We are not all on broadband yet. Nobody with a dial-up connection is going to give your site a second look until you sort out your site and make it user friendly, no matter how great a list of cars you assemble.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Warren

Well lets be honest - nobody - regardless of their connectivity - is going to use this site at all.

Reply to
DougP

Jim Warren wrote: [snip]

[snip]

The site seems to have been "designed" by firing page elements froma shotgun by someone with a visual handicap. None of the thumbnails have the correct aspect ratio, such a basic error that one wonders if the person creating the site had ever used a graphics package before attempting this lashed up abortion.

I think the owner should pay people for their advertising until he's developed enough skill to be worth paying.

Reply to
Steve Firth

. . . not to mention the stuffed aspect ratio pictures and the inaccuracies - what's a de 'thomas' pantera¹ exactly?

¹ = de Tomaso Pantera
Reply to
Ian Edwards

I've wanted one of those for ages. Wish I had bought one when they were cheap.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Something else to wave at Duhg. :-)

OK, not in the same class as a de Tomaso, but I've always regretted not buying an 11 month old V12 E-type in 1974 when it was offered to me for just over £2.5 grand - bought a house instead.

Reply to
Ian Edwards

OK, not in the same class as a de Tomaso, but I've always regretted not

buying an 11 month old V12 E-type in 1974 when it was offered to me for

just over =A32.5 grand - bought a house instead.

-- Ian Edwards

Sounds familiar - early seventies, Ferrari 275 GTB4, new, =A37,000. Bought a house for the same amount. Shame. Mind you, a friend was offered a 250 GTO for =A35k, but put his money in a building society instead. Only Nick Mason knows what that would be worth today, but I suspect it just might have been a better investment.

Geoff MacK

Reply to
gmac

Sounds familiar - early seventies, Ferrari 275 GTB4, new, £7,000. Bought a house for the same amount. Shame. Mind you, a friend was offered a 250 GTO for £5k, but put his money in a building society instead. Only Nick Mason knows what that would be worth today, but I suspect it just might have been a better investment.

Geoff MacK

In 1970, a colleague at work gave me first refusal on his TR4A which had on the number plate three reasonable letters followed by just the number 1 (I won't quote the exact plate in case it is still around). He only wanted 400 quid for it, but that was more than I could find in the time he was prepared to wait. In hindsight, it would have been worth taking out a loan.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Warren

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember " snipped-for-privacy@chapterfive.org.uk" saying something like:

Hmm... 1974-ish. Just around the time of the fuel crisis I was offered a solid DHC E-type for something around £300.

A year or two later, 400quid would have got me a very tidy Interceptor that only needed the gearbox rebuilt - somthing I could have done myself. It was lying up the back of a workshop and the owner just didn't want it anymore.

There were loads of other big old cars that hardly anybody wanted at that time because everybody thought the days of cheap petrol were over.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

And of course they were.

Around 1980, aged just 18 and just passed my test, I was offered a tidy

1970 Scimitar for £100. Unfortunately at the time there was no way I could have insured it! The dentist owner replaced it with a BMW, which he found so unreliable he then bought an '84 Scimitar.... makes you think, eh?
Reply to
Chris Bolus

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Chris Bolus saying something like:

That Beemer must've been Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon