WTD:- Arrow Range Handbrake lever

Hi

Can anyone supply me with a handbrake lever to fit a rootes arrow range model . i.e hillman hunter , humber sceptre, singer vogue, or even commer van.

I need one as the ratchet has failed on mine.

Reply to
Big Mc

Now I suspect that's a part even I didn't retain when I broke the old Minx, but I will check my store tomorrow just in case!

Reply to
Chris Bolus

thanks chris

Reply to
Big Mc

take it to bits and weld the teeth up, refile to shape, it will last for years.

Reply to
mrcheerful

I got a friendly machine shop to take pity a few years ago and do this for me, as well as repair metal fatigue in the lever arm.

Admittedly, it helped that I already knew them, and that I wasn't screaming for it to be done yesterday. One of the guys there worked on it in his "spare time," and charged me $25. It was better than new when he'd finished with it.

Reply to
Dean Dark

That's actually not such a bad idea. I've done it with one of the window winder quadrants on my Merc; it's a common failing on these, yet I fixed it in half an hour with no financial outlay beyond a few inches of MIG wire!

Reply to
Chris Bolus

I'll give the welding idea serious consiferation if I can't find a replacement thanks guys

Reply to
Big Mc

guess what I found on flea bay for £1.99 :-))

Reply to
Big Mc