Wtd Sealed beams

Hi Does anybody know where I can buy sealed beam units to fit my 1948 Morris 8 series e. The have to be 6 volt and are 7" and LHD.

Thanks Hans

Reply to
Johannes

It might be easier to obtain non-sealed (ie Pre-focus or Halogen Replacement) ones and fit 6v bulbs into them, I don't know anywhere that does 6v sealed beam units.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Wonder why needle and haystack spring to mind?

Do you mean the UK (Lucas) version of a sealed beam where the entire unit is all one, ie no replaceable bulb?

There were certainly conversion kits for Series Es to take normal 7" lamps which may still turn up. And 7" lamps even in LHD would be easy to get.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

I am told Willys MB Jeeps used 6 volt sealed beams but as already has bee sugested it might easier doing a conversion to bulbs.

Reply to
awm

Honda Motorcycles used 6v right up to the 1970s, but I don't think the units are sealed beam. The company who would know are David Silver spares in Leiston in Suffolk.

Reply to
TimM

Probably the best person to ask is Bernard Bryant. If he hasn't got them I don't know who will have.

Reply to
Richard Porter