01 headlight motor

OK driver side headlight would not open this AM. lights on - no open. Sooooo tonight I opened the manual. , checked fuses. OK Checked manual motor .... tight
give it a twist and it frees up check switch light on both pop up Kewl turn off lights both go down drivers side buzzzzs sounds like a plastic gear is stripped out, runs for 10 sec or so then stops lights on - off same thing again etc OK so do I have a bad motor ? gear ? What to replace ? Anyone have experience ?
Hopin for a ez ($)fix Kickstart
gears. they're rebuildable. there's a kit from ecklers that has metal gears as replacements.

Cheaper then ecklers and just as good... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-04-C5-Corvette-headlight-motor-rebuild-kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33710QQitemZ7999504554QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
--

"Charles Spitzer" < snipped-for-privacy@nospam.stratus.com> wrote in message

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-04-C5-Corvette-headlight-motor-rebuild-kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33710QQitemZ7999504554QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
Put it on , works fine. Thanks for the help. BTW there was no warning or any signs ahead of time, just gone. I pulled the fuses with the lights up and drove it for a few days till I had time for the fix. Kickstart