01 headlight motor

a few months ago the drivers side motor locked up and wouldn't go up. I remembered my 66 had a knob that would get tight and if I loosened it the light would work again.
So I tried it on the 01, the knob wouldn't turn so I twisted harder and it snapped and that was it. I replaced the motor and works fine. Now the right side locks down on me so with little faith I tried the same thing again this time a little more easily till it freed itself, loosened the motor and it worked fine. Now after 4 months or so it has happened for the third time, I loosen it and it works fine. Q. ? Am I postponing the inevitable ? or is there some fix to keep it from tightening ? I haven't seen anyone post about this (fix) here
kickstart

While my 01 was under warranty, the dealer replaced both side. They gave up on trying to repair and just replaced them.