'04 ZO6 Squeaky Brakes

I have an '04 ZO6 w/ 11,000 miles. The brakes have squeaked at light braking since I got it at 7000 miles. The brakes are not worn out. I realize the brakes are special on the ZO6. Are they ceramic or something special? Is it normal that they squeak?

TIA, Ed

Reply to
Spud

Maybe they weren't bedded properly... And the pads and the rotor surface are now glazed. Do they work poorly when it's raining outside and they are wet? Sometimes when glazed from improper break-in they will work terribly when wet.

They shouldn't be squeak>I have an '04 ZO6 w/ 11,000 miles. The brakes have squeaked at light

Reply to
RicSeyler

Reply to
Jon

Reply to
Greg

Ric,

I thought maybe glazed and I've rode the brakes hard going down a hill at high speed. Will this wear it off?

It was the Chevy Sales Mgr's demo before I got it so I imagine it just went to and from work and to the golf course. So probably no break in.

The work fine in the rain.

Ed

Reply to
Spud

Greg,

Do you think I could just remove the wheels and spray the stuff on the pads?

BG what?

Thanks, Ed

Reply to
Spud

It's more than one rotor. I guess I'll have to learn how to jack it up since my floor jack won't fit under it. You can spray the stuff on the pads too, huh?

I've got a 50,000 mile extended warranty, but I'm sure it doesn't cover brakes.

Thanks, Ed

Reply to
Spud

No, once they are glazed you will have to get the rotors lightly turned and replace the pads.

Reply to
RicSeyler

Reply to
Greg