'04 ZO6 Squeaky Brakes

I have an '04 ZO6 w/ 11,000 miles. The brakes have squeaked at light braking since I got it at 7000 miles. The brakes are not worn out. I realize the brakes are special on the ZO6. Are they ceramic or something
special? Is it normal that they squeak?
TIA, Ed
Maybe they weren't bedded properly... And the pads and the rotor surface are now glazed. Do they work poorly when it's raining outside and they are wet? Sometimes when glazed from improper break-in they will work terribly when wet.
They shouldn't be squeaking...............
Spud wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------050906060705040703040900 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Spud wrote:

No, once they are glazed you will have to get the rotors lightly turned and replace the pads.

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
Spud wrote:

It's more than one rotor. I guess I'll have to learn how to jack it up since my floor jack won't fit under it. You can spray the stuff on the pads too, huh?
I've got a 50,000 mile extended warranty, but I'm sure it doesn't cover brakes.
Thanks, Ed
--
Ed McAllister, CCRM
Prime Property Management
Spud wrote:

i do not know if this will help you or not, but we use a product from "BG" that goes on the friction surface of the pad and we also use a high adhesive anti-sieze from wourth USA called CU 1100 on the back of the pads and we almost never have a brake job come back for squeal. but more than likely you have some kind of contaminants on the pads or like Ric said, they are glazed. now don't get me wrong, they do come back from time to time and sometimes they get so far away they can't get back, but not for squeal. Greg

Greg,
Do you think I could just remove the wheels and spray the stuff on the pads?
BG what?
Thanks, Ed
--
Ed McAllister, CCRM