05 06

CARS '05-'06 CHEVROLET CORVETTE On models with painted roofs, the adhesive between roof panel and frame could separate, allowing the panel to detach and strike another vehicle. [READ FULL STORY] '05-'06 Chevrolet Corvette

On models with painted roofs, the adhesive between roof panel and frame could separate, allowing the panel to detach and strike another vehicle.

Models: 30,793 cars.

What to do: Have dealer inspect vehicle and add adhesive foam to roof or replace roof. For information, call 800-630-2438.

Reply to
RS

That's just terrible, can't they do better like the rice cars? Eleven, that's one less than a dozen have come loose, four have come off, such a problem.

WASHINGTON - Toyota Motor Corp. is recalling 367,500 Toyota and Lexus sport utility vehicles in the United States because a piece in the front console area could come loose and interfere with the gas pedal.

Nissan North America Inc. said it would recall nearly 201,000 Altima and Sentra sedans from the 2003 model year to fix a faulty sensor that can cause the engine to shut down. (That's 2003? Almost 4 years ago and it's not fixed yet?)

The automaker said the recall involved 186,279 Altimas and 14,587 Sentras.

Last month Nissan recalled nearly 100,000 Altima and Sentra sedans from the 2006 model year because of excessive oil consumption and reports of two dozen engine fires. The concerns led the automaker to temporarily stop selling the vehicles.

Toyota's recall involves 2004-05 models of the Toyota Highlander and Lexus RX

330 and early 2006 models of the Highlander hybrid SUV and the RX 400h, the hybrid version of the RX 330, said Toyota spokesman Bill Kwong.

The recall affects 232,000 gasoline-powered Highlanders and 3,700 hybrid versions of the SUV. Among the Lexus models, 123,500 RX 330 SUVs fall under the recall, along with 8,300 RX 400h hybrid models.

A Toyota spokeswoman in Germany told Dow Jones Newswires that an additional

20,200 RX models in Europe would be recalled.

Baseball, hotdogs, apple pie, & Chevrolet, can rice be that much better?

Reply to
Dad

Reply to
Bob I

This problem has been popping up since February (maybe earlier than that). What took you so long?

Reply to
benf802961

apathy?

Reply to
RS

Don't she have a sister, Procrastination?

Reply to
Dad

I took my 2005 C6 into the dealer last week because of 2 recall notices from GM. They inspected the top and found nothing obviously wrong but the factory recommended injecting the foam adhesive anyway. I left the top at the dealer and picked it up the next day. No cost and I got a free wash job to boot!

Reply to
Ron Stewart

And the second recall was for what?

Reply to
Dad

Both recalls were for the roof. I ignored the first one but decided I had better get it checked.

Reply to
Ron Stewart

Kinda thought that was it, but didn't think there was anyone brave enough to drive one with "THE ROOF PROBLEM"!!

I ignored one on my Eldorado and they bugged me for 2 years. They needed to reprogram the ECM for EPA reasons and it was running to go to let them touch it, but it didn't change it so I should have gave in in a year and got it over with. ;-)

Reply to
Dad