10 Seconds

Had something strange happen to me today I was pulling out from a parking space and my car just shut off and the DIC said "Pull out key wait 10
Seconds" what the hell is this about???
98 C5
TIA
--

ZRiX (<>..<>)

nothing is really worst than a smart-a*s vette :-)
my2
--
"Key"

That can show up if you have cranked it to long, or have a wet key, and there may be others, mostly when you're sitting still. It showed it's ugly head many times when the PCM went out, $800 and I was back on the road in a week.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Wasn't this part of the colum recall?

I'm driving down the road the other day in my C6 and all of a sudden it was like someone just turned the key (no key) off for about 1 sec and then turned it back on, this happened twice within about 2 minutes, I took it in and naturally they couldn't find a problem, go figure???????????

The Tone wrote:

Yes, that's really frustrating when you take the car in and they can't find anything. But... having been on the other side of that, how do you fix something that's not happening when your trying to figure out what it is? That side is frustrating too... I have had my own car (but not my Vette) do something on the road, but when I got it home to look at fixing it, I just can't find anything wrong, I spent hours going over the car. The car didn't do it again for a few weeks and again when I got it home it was fine and I couldn't figure out what was wrong. It did the same thing a few more times until it finally did it at home. So from the view of a mechanic where someone brings their car in and can't reproduce the problem I understand the frustration of not being able to find and fix the problem. Although I have met some mechanics that couldn't find a problem if there was a tag on the part saying "I'm broken here".
How fast were you going when this happened? On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 15:42:40 -0800, Dennis Willson

I had it done to mine. Recall CAMO 04006B. It took them 7 years but they finally recalled for the steering colum lock problem

parking

I used to have that error on my 2001 coupe and always suspected the column lock thing. I was WRONG. After months of screwing around with the problem it turned out to be a DEFECTIVE key.
Try your backup key that you do not use all the time. I tried cleaning mine and that was big time waster. If you car works with the spare key, oder a new one from you local dealer. They are not cheap but worth it.
I have NOT seen the wait 10 second message since getting a new key.
aRKay