12-Disc CD Player Jammed?

My 2001 6-Speed Coupe has a factor 12-Disc CD player that was working perfect this morning (playing Darude) and it stopped at the end of the disc and now will not play any of the CD's. I messed with all dash
controls and cannot seem to wake it up. Went to he rear and opened the box. It made some noise like it always did but will NOT eject the 12-disc carrier.
Anyone know of tricks to get the remote unit to barf out the carrier?
aRKay
if needs repair check with www.unitedradio.com

Thanks for the tip!!!!
I called United Radio at 800-634-8606 and got hold of their lead CD Player repair technician. He has seen the same problem several times. He gave me a tip that may bring it back to life and if that did not work he let me know about their $175 flat rate repair or exchange program for GM Delco CD player that comes with a warranty.
The tip from the United Radio tech was to remove the power so the unit can reset. GM keeps power on the unit at all time even with the key OFF. The power connector is under the unit so it had to be removed. In the 90 degree heat I removed the unit with intentions of sending it to United Radio for the flat rate exchange. Removal was not easy as three of the mounting screws were hard to reach. Finally got it out and for grins I pulled the connector and let it sit for five minutes then reconnected. It started making shuffling noises and when they settled I opened the door and the 12-disc carrier ejected. I reinserted the carrier, got in the car and Darude's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSYxT9GM0fQ
Sandstorm came alive. It lives!!!
Just reinstalled the unit and everything is back to normal. Sometimes it pays to take things apart. The bottom line is the power removal tip did the reset. No wonder these high tech cars eat batteries.
In article

If you have a Delco 12-Disc CD player, I suggest you save this message. It is just a matter of time until you will need it or you can pay the dealer $500+. Your choice.
Snip

Great tip from United and glad to have you post your results. Many tend to ask the question but never post the results/cure for the problem. But I need to ask why is it just a matter of time before this stated information is needed?

Because of my experience with Delco products. The dumb-ass AGM battery is a classic example. The best change I have made to my C5 was to get rid of the AGM battery. I really like my C5 but just about everything that can be replaced has been replaced. I will not bore you with the listing.
CD players have lots of moving parts and have to live in a pretty bad environment. If something can go wrong or wear out a electro-mechanical device like a CD player has to be high on the list of parts that can fail.

It might really be interesting to see that list of expenses, here's mine for the C5's and C6 listed as highest cost first. 1998 C5 46k gas tires BCM - not fun oil battery 2004 C5 20k gas tires oil - free axle seal (RR) 2005 C6 26k gas battery oil - free tires hood strut gas cap rear hatch switch
Actual out of warranty cost was for tires, a battery, and the BCM. GM/dealer did replace one set of run flats that cupped badly. Cost of Corsa's not included.
If you are having trouble with your 12-Disc CD player or Delco radio the following is the good stuff on United Radio.
Customer Service Manager United Radio Service, Inc. 5705 Enterprise Pkwy E Syracuse NY 13057 (800) 448-0944 (315) 446-5570