1963 250hp timing specs?

What is the initial timing of the distributor (w/vac. adv. plugged) @ 600 rpm? I have the shop manual and can't find this setting in it. Can anybody
relay to me the page this setting is on, if it is in the manual. I've went thru the specs' page and can't find it anywhere. Thanx- lib

Should be more like 500 RPM with 4 B for the 250 HP, 8 for the 300 HP and 10 for the 365 HP @ 700 RPM with 25 less RPM for powerglide. I'm running mine a 4 right now with a good 20 pounds vacuum on a 250 HP 4speed. Dwell should be 28-32 degrees, initial point gap of .019 new, 016 used, plugs heat range 44 or 45/46 (city) gapped at .035. Stay with the 45 heat range because you can't burn off today's gasoline with the colder plugs. All that is in the owners manual on page 44 and page 46 has your wheel alignment specifications.
Pay attention to the right manifold to make sure the choke tube inside it is good, better yet replace it with a new stainless steel one before you put it on. All it takes is a crack in it to load your choke up with pressurized soot. I'm not talking about the one that goes up to the choke control or the one that goes to the top of the carburetor, it's inside the manifold and not a drop in change.
By the way the speedometer reads 1 3/4 MPH to fast (GPS checked) with a blue 20 tooth gear and 225X70X15 tires, 27 inch diameter, they also rub in tight turns.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Good luck on your trip, trying to prepare for one to South Carolina to 3 of my granddaughters birthdays in September. Got it running to were it is dependable and now think I'm going to dump the 10 year old tires before I commit to a 1,600 mile drive. Just got to get it on the Tail of The Dragon.......... Here's a picture as it sit now - http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n241/fr1939/?action=view&current 1207002-1.jpg
Dad wrote:

http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n241/fr1939/?action=view&current 1207002-1.jpg

That baby is just screaming for a set of RedLines man!!!! Or even a set of GoldLines.
--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

1963 Corvette Owners manual? Look towards the very bottom of this page (18 bucks) http://www.books4cars.com/search.asp?findmake=Chevrolet&finddesc=Owners&offsetP