1963 Vette- any have a generator?

A guy I know has a '63 split window- says it came from the factory with a generator, not an alternator. Since 1963 was the year GM switched to alternators, I can't believe they would use a generator on the 'Vette. I
have never seen a GM product 1963 or newer using a factory installed generator but then again I haven't seen everything. Can anyone verify generator usage on 1963 Corvettes? TIA Jerry