1969 corvette

I have a 1969 with 350/350. Problem is around 3000 rpm's the engine starts stuttering very bad. Thought it might be ignition problem but it all seems to be fine. The car has in Pertronix Ignitor in the distributor and I replaced the spark plugs, did not help. I replaced the fuel filter in the carb., that helped a little. Has any one ever had the in-line fuel filter to clog and have these symptoms?

Thanks much.

Reply to
Steve Land

Steve,

Since several private forums like JLA Enterprises have begun copying all we say and do on alt.autos.corvette and getting their piece of advertising dollars for it, while we the originators of the information get nothing, several have begun to migrate away from here so you may not get any helpful answers. But the Pertronix Ignitor has been a common problem. Take it out, put in points, and see if it goes away. It should take you 15-20 minutes to eliminate that possibility.

Inline filter. There is a sintered metal filter in the inlet of the Quadrajet that most never change. Yes, it can plug up. Also the line filter, a G432 if memory is correct, needs to be changed regularly also.

Fuel pump. Do you have a genuine AC or a rebuilt pump? The rebuilt pumps usually have the AC not as crisp due to the media or sand blasting cleaning. Anyway, the rebuilt pumps frequently do not have the correct flow and pressure at higher RPM and can cause fuel starvation.

Reply to
Tom in Missouri