1979 Corvette Brake Lights

My 1979 vette has working turn signals, but no brake lights. I found the fuse box, but have no idea which fuse it would be. I don't have an owner's manual. Any ideas? Mike

Merry snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

works, the fuse (ckt 40A) is OK. If none of these things work then problem could be either the fuse or a loose connector to the steering column directional control assembly (horn, hazard and stop light circuits all go through that connector.)
Orange wire to the stop light switch comes from the fuse block (should be hot all the time). White wire from the stop light switch goes to the turn signal switch. If pressing on the brake pedal puts voltage on the white wire, problem is probably in the turn-sig switch or in it's connector.
If pressing on the brake pedal doesn't put voltage on the white wire then try adjusting the switch. If that fails, get a new switch.
HTH .. pj