1980 Corvette

I recently to my 1980 Corvette to cottman transmission and they replaced the clutch assy throughout bearing and pressure plate. The shaved the Fly wheel
said that was normal. When I picked up the car on Friday I had a low end vibration when letting out the clutch. CT says there is something in the rear that's causing the vibration. I didn't have the problem prior to the car going there. Is this another CT ploy to get more money? They had to have removed the drive shaft is it possible they removes something to make the car unbalanced. What are your thoughts
Bart
Sounds like maybe some grease on the flywheel surface and so you get clutch chatter as the clutch disc tries to grip the flywheel.
If the vibration was in higher RPMs, then the clutch pressure plate was not balanced to the flywheel, which very few places do. The assume that the pressure plate manufacturer's balance of the pressure plate is sufficient. I have typically found them many grams off.

I think the driveshafts are indexed on C4's but not on C3's. But with what you described it ain't the driveshaft anyhow...
Like Tom said it's a good bet that there was grease that got on the fibers of the clutch plate. If so it will have to be replaced, can't be cleaned well enough. It also could be a crap job of turning the flywheel, (slight wobble in the lathe, too deep of passes where the bit chattered against the flywheel, or knocked off a weight, etc)..... This is on their shoulders, no doubt to me..
Bart Fitzpatrick wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------060606080204000406020804 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
I would personally put my eye on the clutch disc also and look for greasy/dark fingerprints or smudges....
Bart Fitzpatrick wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler