1982 front wiring harness location

Hello,
I'm having a minor problem determining where the wiring harness is supposed to travel through the front of the car. This is the long harness that snakes through the left side of the engine
compartment to the front and then to the right side of the car. Our photos of the dissassembly don't show all the positions of the wiring harness as it was removed. This is the harness that covers all of the front lights.
Is the harness placed ahead of the lights through the nose?
The original harness position, near as we can tell from the photos, was tie wrapped across the front engine mounts behind the main lights. This does not appear to be the stock location.
Thanks in advance,
David