1988 Vette - Need Help

Help!! My 1988 Corvette (19,000miles) stalled about a mile from home on a gorgeous sunny afternoon (top down). I couldn't get it started and called
for the "hook". Forty-five minutes later the wrecker shows up and I attempt to start it again. Fires right up, but dies after a second - then would not re-start again. The car sat over night in the garage and it has started fine ever since. The computer says all is well. The mechanic says wait 'til it happens again. Right! Any suggestions??? Thanks, Brian
we have seen a lot of fuel pumps act like that. if it fails to start again you can check for fuel pressure and if there is none try hitting the bottom of the tank with a rubber mallet, a lot of times we do this just to get them in the shop under there own power to change the fuel pump so we do not have to push.
it is just a thought, there are a lot of things that can keep one from running. Greg

Greg is right on. I have an 86 and the exact symptoms you describe happened to me. It turned out the fuel pump was failing and once a new pump was installed the problem disappeared and has not returned.

I had a similar problem with my '90 Z51 which was solved when the injectors were replaced.
I'll admit that a fuel pump sounds like a likely prospect, however.
Mike Squires
--

Mike Squires (mikes at cs.indiana.edu) 317 233 9456 (w) 812 333 6564 (h)
mikes at siralan.org 546 N Park Ridge Rd., Bloomington, IN 47408
"Bones" wrote in message

try using quotes and one may be able to tell exactly what your responding to..
--
"Key"